It’s nearly here! Christmas is only a few days away, and we know that one of the most exciting things after the day itself is playing with all the new gadgets and gizmos that we’ve given and received as gifts. This year, smart speakers have really come into their own with all the interesting features and services that we provide. As part of our helpful advice blog, we’ve previously looked at some of the ways that Amazon Alexa or Google Home can be used with Lutron Blinds to provide full voice control, controlling the blinds in your home or office from your voice alone; bringing the convenience of a smart home to your fingertips and lips. Today, however, we’re looking at some fun things you can do with Alexa this Christmas, when you’re not using it to control your home!
Don’t be fooled by her smart look, Alexa is full of hundreds of hidden features and Easter Eggs. In fact, the first one to try is simply asking “Alexa, give me an Easter Egg”, and she’ll give you some funny responses.
Whether you like to cuddle up with a sappy romance flick, or you’re more a fan of comedy films, Alexa is full of pop culture movies references. Here are some of our favourite film related questions to ask:
– Alexa, party on, Wayne.
– Alexa, who you gonna call?
– Alexa, my name is Inigo Montoya.
– Alexa, I am your father.
– Alexa, do you want to build a snowman?
– Alexa, do you know the muffin man?
Alexa is also a huge music fan, with everything from Johnny Cash to Eminem under her belt. Try some of these fun questions:
– Alexa, who let the dogs out?
– Alexa, how much is that doggy in the window?
– Alexa do you really want to hurt me?
– Alexa, never gonna give you up.
– Alexa, I like big butts.
– Alexa, is this the real life?
Alexa also knows how the world works, and what we’re obsessing about at any moment in time. You might even call her the Meme Queen! Try some of these for a laugh:
– Alexa, sing baby shark.
– Alexa, what colour is the dress?
– Alexa, this is ground control to Major Tom.
– Alexa, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
– Alexa, take me to your leader.
– Alexa, rap for me.
Just some of our favourite, funny Alexa commands for when you need a giggle:
– Alexa, make animal noises.
– Alexa, flip a coin.
– Alexa, sing me a song.
– Alexa, high five.
– Alexa, why did the chicken cross the road?
– Alexa, see you later, alligator.
Lutron and Tidmarsh are offering the ultimate in convenience, performance, and integration by integrating Amazon Alexa with beautiful blinds and shades. Get in touch today to find out more about how we can help you manage your home with Amazon Alexa. Remember, all our blinds are bespoke made for your individual requirements, and we’re always here to talk you through your needs so you get the best from your product.